AdvantageCPV

Friday 28 November 2014

Careful with that dumbbell! Meet the UK's first naked fitness trainer

THE ONLY balls most of us come across in the gym are of the Swiss exercise variety - unless your trainer is Colin Dobson.

The 42-year-old has done away with fancy gym gear to become the country's only nude fitness instructor.
And he says that his clients, who range in age from 19 to 70, have never looked back.
However, those embracing the trend are dissuaded from taking part in high impact activities.
Colin, of Hemsworth, West Yorkshire, said: "I don't ask ladies to run naked on a machine and chaps don't do it either - it's not a good idea for obvious reasons.
"Most of my clients consist of mat work and stretching, pilates and yoga.
"I coach more than 25 clients from all walks of life, in their own homes, outdoors, or at my gym and private studio in Barnsley.
"I also teaching a thriving online naturist community via Skype and Yahoo.
Colin, who charges from £20 a session, has been a naturist for more than 20 years.
He said: "I particularly enjoy the outdoors, rambling, hiking and cycling.
"I've been teaching naturist groups for four years now and the classes are a great way to find out what it's like. Some love it, others don't.
"But more of the people who try it come back time and time again. I don't have to advertise. People come to my classes after being recommended by a friend."
Colin got the idea for starting a naked fitness business after taking part in a charity stunt four years ago.
He said: "I was in December 2010 when someone dared me to go out and clear heavy snow without wearing any clothes.
"The stunt was put on the internet and went viral raising £12,000 for the charity.
"The TV people picked it up and described me in a new bulletin as a naked fitness trainer.
"Someone saw it, put two and two together, and asked if I taught fitness classes in the nude. And I thought well, why not?"

2 comments: