AdvantageCPV

Tuesday 25 November 2014

James Corden: 'I thought Meryl Streep was going to die on set of Into The Woods'

JAMES Corden has revealed that he failed to save actress Meryl Streep when she fell down on set of their new film Into The Woods.

The 36-year-old actor admitted that it was his pregnant co-star Emily Blunt who came to her rescue when they were practising their first scenes together.
"[She] starts to fall back, head first. Time slowed down and I thought, 'I'm about to watch Meryl Streep die. It's happening,'" James recalled. "I wish I could say I didn't consider my own career in this and think, 'This film's gonna go down the ****'."
The Gavin and Stacey star said he "froze" whilst witnessing the Oscar-winning actress fall, as did director Rob Marshall.
James went on to explain: "Rob Marshall freezes. The person who stepped in to save her life that day was not the two men in the room, but the pregnant woman leaps forward, catches Meryl Streep, and Rob and I were just like 'gasp'."
The movie, which is based on the Stephen Sondheim musical, sees James play The Baker in the dark fairytale opposite Meryl’s character The Witch.
Also starring in the film is Anna Kendrick, who plays Cinderalla, Chris Pine as Prince Charming and Johnny Depp as The Wolf.

Meryl stars as the witch

No comments:

Post a Comment